[LUG] Linux Certification and training

Hi All,

    I have been using Ubuntu now full time since about Edgy Eft, and I
also run an Ubuntu server, mainly for use as a LAMP box. I have tried
other distros as well and have a bunch of Virtual Box VMs including
Fedora10 and OpenSUSE. I do admit that occasionally I come across large
gaps in my knowledge.

    What I would like to do is some kind of training and certification
in order to bolster and prove my knowledge, and was wondering if folks
out there in LUGland could recommend any particular training or
certification, as there seem to be a few options, including LPI, CompTIA
or Red Hat.

    I was also wondering whether to go and do a boot camp course
somewhere, and what your experiences have been with similar courses.

    Also, are there any books you have found particularly helpful as I
do like the idea of looking at paper rather than screens occasionally.
Any and all suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Matt Nash