Re: [LUG] LAMP configuration

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 22:02, Richard.Fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "Richard Fuller" <Richard.Fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to learn PHP, Apache and MySql. using
>
> Xubuntu 8.10 on a Dell Latitude 1.2Mhz 258ram Laptop
>
> I installed Apache2, MySql, PHP5 all seemed to go OK.
In Synaptic make sure that mod_php for Apache is loaded - this tells apache
how to use php.
If I remember rightly Kubuntu is one of the smoothest linux setups for LAMP
(I've just 'helped' a friend do a WAMP and that was so easy.....) but if you
approach it the wrong way it can be a problem and you may have to uninstall
the components completely and have another go. There may be a LAMP install
for Kubuntu - check synaptic again for that
Tom te tom te tom