Re: [LUG] New computer: RAM, CPU

Martijn Grooten wrote:

> But it'd be nice if it were good enough to survive the next version of
> either operating system too.

So we can assume Windows 7 will have the higher spec by induction -
which in release candidate Microsoft say:

A PC with these system requirements:

    *      1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    *      1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    *      16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
    *      DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

So at least 2GB of RAM, almost any modern processor (x86 family) and
disk drive, and a fancy 3D graphics card should do the trick.

Looks to me like graphics card is the hard choice, I'll bow to those who
know which have free software drivers that work well with Kubuntu.