Re: [LUG] OT: SW MP Allowances Spreadsheet

2009/5/17 james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 20:04 +0100, Shaun Orchard wrote:
>

>> You seem to have forgotten a certain Mr. Taylor (Truro and St.
>> Austell). Looking at the spreadsheet he appears to be claiming the
>> maximum ACA. Unfortunately he's stepping down for the next election so
>> I can't vote against him.
> Surely it's what they claim for that is the issue, not the amount? Some
> MP's do a lot of work that costs more to do, such as paying the staff
> that does the research etc.
>
> Mine has 3 staff whom I can write to to get to him - recently I wrote
> about the government policy on FSW and he got the minister to reply. It
> all takes time and effort.
>
> Taylor has been very active over the years IMHO.
>
> Ducks behind computer screen as politics doesn't mix with anything else
> really.

The ACA, as I understand it, covers expenses incurred from staying
overnight in London. That's the theory anyway (and it's suspicious
that he claims the full amount - which is why I commented).

Staffing comes out of a separate allowance (I believe) which I'm not
commenting about.

Shaun