Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Dave wrote:

> The aerial on our house (midway between Taunton and Minehead) has been up
> for at least 22 Years and I get a Digital Signal no problem from Stockland
> Hill so I think these new aerials are just money-spinners (bit like new
> versions of Windows!).

We're pretty much mid-way between Taunton and Minehead too (I'd say
Elworthy is pretty much the mid-way point and I could walk there easily
were I of a mind to), but we can't get a usable signal from Stockland
Hill.  Our aerial points at the Mendip transmitter which is still a
little ropey, but not too bad most of the time.

AIUI, one of the issues with aerials is that an older one may not be
capable of receiving a good signal over the full range of frequencies
to cover all six(?) digital muxes, depending on which transmitter you're
using, how close you are etc. etc.

Then again, if I could get BBC2, BBC4 and R4 I'd probably be reasonably
happy.  The kids might not though :)

James