Re: [LUG] Acer Aspire One's going cheap - trying to gauge interest

Tom Potts wrote:
> Want one but cant afford it...
> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24861/1162/
> seems to think the new Ubuntu remix is fast - not sure they know what they're
> on about thou (10 apps bit)
> Tom te tom te tom

Yep, Jaunty is pretty quick, even in my notebook (Core 2 Duo) running at
1GHz.  It's great to be able to run it in power saving mode and still
get a reasonable speed out of it.

These offers come up from time to time so if anyone is interested but
can't afford one at the moment I'm sure they'll come up again.

Rob