Re: [LUG] Billing/Invoice formats

Tom Potts wrote:

> I'm probably repeating myself here but...
> Does anyone know of OPEN xml standards for billing/invoicing/financial stuff
> so I can try and persuade people that I do transactions with to send/recieve
> this stuff and push/pull it stright from my various packages and and not have
> to go through billions of receipts - or worse print out Pointless Document
> Format invoices and then type them in again!
> Or failing that anyone want to help define some simple formats we can all use?

EDI predates the XML vogue, but was widely used last time I did this
sort of thing.

I believe there are now XML based versions, and Perl modules to do EDI
to XML, and other such unexciting changes.

But I may be living in the dark ages of such things, since it is a long
time since I constructed an EDI message.

Neil/Henry/others may be able to advise on other formats for more
financial stuff.

I suspect "what others already support" is always going to be favourite
- so ask them.....

One can of course send and receive invoices by email, as long as one
adheres to the usual requirements for invoicing, which at least cuts out
the paper. One may wish to digitally sign them as well.