Re: [LUG] Firefox v 3

james kilty wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 10:43 +0000, John Williams wrote:
>
>> I find it completely freezes a little more regularly than you describe
>> but not much. I am a tab-a-holic though with typically 20-30 tabs open,
>> oh and a plugin-a-holic with a couple donzen plugins at least.
> Me too, with 12 extensions and 9 plug-ins - but I don't seem to get a
> freeze. 3.0.7. However, there's very little flash on the sites I visit.
> I am now hibernating so as not to open all tabs when I reboot and I may
> find it different.
>
> James

With FF2 on FC9 I used to get frequent flash (i presumed) related
crashes.  Not freezes but FF just either flash refusing to do anything
or FF shutting down.  I put this down to it being a 64bit machine with
dodgy flash.

Since I have upgraded said machine to FC10 and with it FF3 no problems.
   Or so few that I'm not bothered.

However, I also have FF3 installed on a 64bit laptop that frequently
freezes the whole of X, in that the mouse moves but clicks and keyboard
presses are ignored.  The rest of the system appears to be running in
the background.

If I ctrl-alt-f2 out and kill firefox, things return to normal.

However, I am not entirely convinced that this is a FF issue