Re: [LUG] list subscription help

On 24/03/2009 09:51, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Alan Pope wrote:
>
>> 2009/3/23 Neil Williams<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Bet he/she is a gmail/googlemail user.
>>
>> Many googlemail users subscribe with their gmail email address but
>> gmail actually sends mail out from googlemail.
>>
>> So mailman thinks you're not subscribed.
>>
>> Just a hunch.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Al.
>>

> I read something about this,  but could not remember what the problem
> was.  Perhaps we need to put a note on the lug site regarding the above.
>

> Not sure how to get round the problem however.
>
> Paul

IIRC it was related to the fact that some GMail accounts use gmail.com
whereas others use something like googlemail.com or something.  I think
it was to do with the fact that when you send an e-mail on some accounts
it comes from someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx whereas it will receive on
someone@xxxxxxxxxx

You should find it in the Ubuntu UK mailing list archives, IIRC it was
only flagged up about a week ago.

Rob