Re: [LUG] C++ Questions?

On Thursday 19 March 2009 08:13, Steve Lee wrote:
> 2009/3/18 Anthony Williams <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Then you'll need to use a cross-platform GUI framework like wxWidgets or
> > Qt.
>
> Or use the Mozilla platform - which uses web like technologies (XUL)
> with javascript and C++ for components.
I've played with ZUL and it wouldnt display simple things without overlapping
etc but I'd always recommend the browser as a frontend where possible.
One possibility is NetBeans - I've not tried it with C++ - I'm using it for
PHP/Mysql/Web Development and it seems quite good.
There is also QDevelop for C++ cross platform stuff - I havent played with
that lately and there were a couple of problems an experienced designer might
find annoying  but it seemed pretty good for run of the mill stuff.
As for databases someone recommended sqllite. This is fine, nay very good for
small jobs but <startflamewar> anything enterprise level should be done
through stored procedures so the db can be changed without touching the
GUI</startflamewar>
Tom te tom te tom