Re: [LUG] "using proprietary software is dangerous."

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:48:40 +0000
Paul Sutton wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
> > That's a quote from an article on todays 'register' site...
> >

> > http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/03/12/fast_trading_standards_cardiff_software_probe/
> >
> > I think the mesage is clear - use licensed software and get it
> > wrong and the bully boys will come knocking on your door...
> >
> > Now I wonder what US company is the biggest venduh of licensed
> > software... Hmm..
> >

> > Gordon
> >
> All the more reason to promote OPen source and free software,  why
> take the risk,  use open source and free software.
>
> I think we did well on saturday,
>
> Paul

Well, according to my work (who have decided on Microsoft Windows Small
Business Server 2008, instead of my tailor-made SME-Server with full
idiot-proof documentation) the reason they didn't want to go for a
Linux system was "what if I got hit by a bus?"

I was not a happy bunny.

Grant.