Re: [LUG] UKFSN problems

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 09:22 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> I must admit I never had any issues with Telewest and a
> friend of mine who is currently on Virgin hasn't had any issues, but
> that isn't to say things don't go wrong from time to time (but the same
> could be said for any ISP in fairness).
Interesting. As a Demon user I have had very rare problems - all sorted
by rebooting my router. Am I paying over the odds - back to BT for phone
and Demon for broadband at £25pm plus BT? A nominal max of 3.6Mb/s at
the end of almost 3 miles of wire - usually up to 240MB/s download of
big files/updates. I do use the free home pages and the EXCELLENT
service - instant every time by phone - slow by email. Optical cable
seems out of the question given the way priorities are set (cities first
- rural perhaps never - I do have a wonderful view!)

James

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk