Re: [LUG] effectiveness of shop window advertising

I have had some Ubuntu stickers in the Shop for 18 months now
Just 2% percent of new customers recognize it as anything to do with Os's.

Most are Foreign.

Have you looked at

http://www.ukvillages.co.uk/
for a bit on your local village?

I have also advertised Linux services in the Local Linkinhorne parish mag for 5 years but as yet have had no one come in saying they saw the ad and want to swop from M$.

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 12:06 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
On 03/02/2009 11:23, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Something i have *just* though of, is many of us live in villages that
> have a local free village news. Mostly you can put anything in there of
> benifit to the community or random rants about dogs and wind turbines
> etc, but my point is for a small donation it would probably be possible
> to put a reasonable size *something* in these that would get to quite a
> number of people for each village area. Any thoughts on this?
>
> Robin

That's probably a good idea.  Usually these sort of village news letters
would probably be interested in some sort of editorial to put in, so
maybe an article about OpenOffice and other great free software
applications, even if it's just a mention that they are available for
Windows and Mac and then maybe in a follow up article mention about
Linux.  It would be even better if it could be tied in with some sort of
demonstration.

Rob

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386