Re: [LUG] OT: Old computer kit was [Fwd: [lugmaster] WolvesLug's day out.....]

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 29/01/2009 10:48, Gordon Henderson wrote:

>>> Is that the Pre ZX80 self build kit from Sinclair?
>>>
>> Yes, the Mk 14. (Mark 14?)
>>
>> It had a weedy 8-bit processor, came with a 128 byte ROM (or was it 256
>> bytes, I've forgotten) and 128 bytes of RAM. I added the 2nd IO chip which
>> gave it another 128 bytes of RAM.
>>
>> That photo was taken about 6 months ago - I'd powered it up for some other
>> "when I wur a lad" type of thing ;-)
>>
>> More here:
>>
>>     http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=961
>>
>> I have an Apple ][ too, but the PSU lost it's magic black smoke a couple
>> of years back )-:
>>

>> Gordon
>>
> I see, that was a bit before my time.  I started on the ZX81. :-)
>
> It's amazing to think how far things have come but one thing hasn't
> changed, it still takes ages to load anything (when running Vista).
>
> Rob

I have a cd here of spectrum games and software, including a program to
help people revise for O level geometry, and just looking at a program
basied on operation square leg (nato program) which allows you to
choosea uk location and it will tell you the result of a nuclear fallout
followng a nuclear strike.  (clearly written during the cold war eh)

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net