Re: [LUG] [Fwd: [lugmaster] WolvesLug's day out.....]

On 29/01/2009 08:38, Paul Hirst wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 14:13 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Forwarded,
>>
>> I've been to Bletchley park, and can recommend it.
>>
>>   Simon
>>

> Yes, it's great there. I went only a few months back. It inspired me to
> buy a Spectrum 48K off ebay. I then fired up my favourite game ever
> 'Chaos', and my wife proceeded to win the game so I settled for playing
> Manic Miner instead. I must play her again soon, I need her to witness
> the magic of the 'Gooey Blob' spell.

LOL same sort of thing happened to me when I went to the Museum Of
Computing in Swindon, it inspired me to buy even more old computers and
consoles to add to collection of 'junk' as the wife calls it.  She just
doesn't see the benefit of having an Acorn Electron kicking around to go
with the various retro consoles, VIC20, Dragon 32 (thanks again for that
Paul) and the ZX Spectrum + with no PSU
> There is a nice utility for Linux (easy enough to find if you search for
> it) which will play TZX (spectrum tape archive) files out through the
> soundcard.
>
> Look, I managed to drag that back on topic ;-)

Yup, I love the Speccy emulators that let you load the game in 'real
time'.  I put one on for the kids at Christmas and they got fed up
waiting for it to load.  I dunno they don't know they've been born.

Rob