Re: [LUG] Firefox add-on IE Tab

On 21/01/2009 20:44, james kilty wrote:
> Hello
>
> My wife had another attack of the Trojans, this time on her laptop, and
> is keen to use it for her work with Arthritis Care, using Outlook Web
> Access. She is happy that I discovered the IE Tab and is now using it
> and seems to have ditched IE completely. What I wonder is if it is now
> as insecure as IE when exposed to the emails from her colleagues and
> from outside the organisation. She may have got the Trojans from
> Facebook or FunWebProducts, which SpyBot and Ad-Aware got rid of though
> she was using FF for Facebook (and that strange mousehunt game amongst
> other oddities).
>
> Thanks

Um... as far as I'm aware the IE Tab in Firefox actually emtbeds
Internet Explorer into Firefox so it's probably little help.  It's
certainly a good idea to be running an up to date decent anti-virus
program.  AVG isn't too bad although if it's for business or charity use
then you'd need a licensed version (about £30 or so).  Is there any
reason why she can't use Firefox for everything?

Outlook Web Access should work under Firefox, it just uses a slightly
more basic version, at least on the older versions of Exchange.

Oh by the way, try avoiding things like MyWebSearch, FunWebProducts etc
as they're plagued with ad-ware.

Rob