Re: [LUG] Schools Computing - what have they got?

Dave Foxcroft wrote:
>> It's getting the support though, these secondary schools may be running
>> Moodle, but they may not have time to support anyone else other than
>> themselves.
>>
>> Rob

Thats what I mean,  according to preston they said their partner
secondary is supporting their rollout of merlin, but its not happened yet,

its all about time,  expecting an it co-ordinator to teach and do
related stuff and worry about systems like merlin is far too much,  it
would be better to spend the 14k on hiring a tech to help out,  even if
that is over several schools

for example in st mary church we have

St margarets
Priory and
st marychurch schools, so not sure if they have a tech in one of them or
 if there is a tech that covers several schools

> Support, or the lack thereof, is a major hurdle  - it is exactly the
> same for business, if they cant get support or they think(right or
> wrong) that the support doesn't meet their needs then they will avoid it
> like the plague and will opt for something else.... usually based around
> the'big buck' business model

This sounds to me like a great business opportunity,  but its a huge
risk, you can't put all eggs in to school support basket, to start off
with,  perhaps we need to get a company down to torbay that do this sort
of thing and say hey, there are linux users here who may be able to join
your team.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton