[LUG] Ubuntu upgrade

Posted by "Brian Russ" <bjrus@xxxxxxxx>

I tried updating my Ubuntu 7.1 to 8.04 via the Update manager. All seemed to go well
but on restarting (as told to) the orange bar oscillates on the usual logo screen
for 2-3 minutes then jumps to a never-ending text-on-black message concerning
something missing. In the end I managed to catch this so will forward it to anyone
who is willing to try providing some assistance to me.
--

Generated by the contributors page
in the members area at D+C GLUG
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php