Re: [LUG] VoIP and ISP

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 08:21, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> I am trying to move to VoIP and currently use Vonage, but am told by "the
> powers that be" that voice quality is not good enough.
Have you any idea what they mean by this and what causes it?
I've used £3.99 head sets and they provide sound quality far exceeding a
normal phone.
You should be able to get hifi quality down  even the worst broadband line so
long as you can stop windows machines updating, people downloading 4meg pdfs
to read two lines etc etc.
Tom te tom te tom