Re: [LUG] Scottish firm pays out £120,000 over unlicensed software

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 09:32:17AM +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> Unfortunately though a lot of smaller companies don't have things like
> this in place.

You will note that the BSA website covers Software Audit programs in great length:
and it is one of the ways of avoiding the problem. Mind you, someone has to manage
the process

Given that
- the BSA claims that software piracy = theft
- tips from disgruntled employees are a prime source of contacts
- companies are short of cash / looking to cut costs

Advantage FLOSS:

1/ Cheaper to buy
2/ Reduced admin costs (virus etc)
3/ No problems with BSA

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.