Re: [LUG] IE alert

Neil Williams wrote:
> But as we know from the EU cases, it is impossible to delete internet
> explorer from current and old versions of Windows. You can delete the
> shortcuts but the symbols and the libraries are "a core part of the
> OS", supposedly. More like lazy programmers who can't be bothered to
> implement a stable API and bone-headed managers who wouldn't recognise
> a package manager if it slapped them in the face.

I seem to recall that either IE or Outlook Express (or both) are
actually tiny binaries, with all but the bare minimum functionality
hidden off in the system libraries somewhere. This could of course be so
that most of the code is easily-reusable; I'll leave others to decide
how likely that is. ;)

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0