Re: [LUG] Scottish firm pays out £120,000 over unlicensed software

The only persons in this country that can do this fall into two groups.

Group 1 would be Constables , Firefighters (where necessary to
preserve life) , Revenue Officers (Customs / VAT) , Officers of SOCA

Group 2 would be any one with a statutory right of entry. eg Gas
Electricity Water Board.
Environmental Health Officers can enter if they are acting in the
execution of their duty  eg Public Health Matters

Trading Standards Officers can enter if your premises are not solely
used as a dwelling place

Certificated Bailiffs in possession of a Magistrates bench warrant
permitting entry

You can in most cases even refuse entry to your own landlord as you
have a right to peaceful enjoyment of the property although they would
likely return with a warrant and a constable.

Social Workers & Doctors if acting in the execution of their duty but
may need to be accompanied by a Constable.

Oh and lastly but not least Burglars because every one knows burglars
have more rights these days than homeowners.

Largely speaking however , you could delay most of these by asking
them to attend in the presence of a uniformed constable to
minimise the chance of a breach of the queen's peace occurring.

Steph