Re: [LUG] Perl Mongers / LUG social in Truro Sunday 14th December

2008/12/15 Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Aaron Trevena wrote:
>>
>> I think I have some bizarre jinx that
>> prevents me ever making it to a meeting at the Wig & Pen), and a
>> couple of people assumed it might be cancelled after nobody said
>> they'd still be coming.
>
> Is the Toddler okay?

She's fine (or as close as toddlers get) now - apart from a sore throat.

> I organised a couple of meetings at the Mill on the Exe for one group,
> and on two occasions it flooded and only two showed up for the other, so
> I gave up, somethings aren't meant to be.
>
> The subsequent organiser managed to organise a meeting, and loads of
> people turn up. As far as I can tell she didn't do anything different.

Glad it's not just me.

I've managed to organise a couple of talks that worked - one in
plymouth and another in totnes,
although in both cases, by the time I'd turned up everybody had found
each other and organised themselves :)

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk