Re: [LUG] a wind up

Last I heard each one would have two of the three:
wind up
pull cord
foot something or other

I was under the impression that such things are available but aren't included standard. I checked out wikipedia and the citation link for a hand generator goes to a site that has designed such a thing but doesn't have any for sale because they don't have any money to make them. Still, since the unit only eats 2W, it shouldn't be too hard to rig something up I'm sure.

G1G1 goes live for Europe today I believe - get one without XP tho!

There's no such thing as an XO with Windows on it at the moment. MS bought 10,000 units to customize and put Windows on them, but as far as I've heard, they've not completed this work so far.
One of the RedHat devs working on this made a pretty relevant posting last week.

http://gregdek.livejournal.com/38775.html