Re: [LUG] A couple of questions

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2008 22:17, Dave wrote:
 >
> As for displaying the video -
> you could watch uncompressed video at higher def than HD  20 years ago
> without special hardware.

You sure there wasn't hardware magic going on?

I remember watching video on commodity laptops ~1988, but it wasn't full
screen, and it was black and white because colour LCDs were still beyond
the pockets of mere techies.

On the other hand colour TV had been around for a while...

> IS it just me or are things gong backwards?

I wonder that every day.

On the other hand I just did some stuff on Debian Lenny and decided that
at least that stuff had moved forward be it ever so small.