Re: [LUG] Opening attachments in thunderbird

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Perhaps I should add that at the moment clicking on an attachment or a
> URL in an email has no effect at all.
>
> Neil
Hi Neil,

What options have you got for forwarding, inline or as attachment, and
how about where you save them?  I don't honestly knwo if these are
relevant but they'r the only 'attachment' settings I can think of.  Have
you looked in the config editor?

*Possibly* try this from Mozilla....

Removing all the settings for attachment-handling actions

If Thunderbird doesn't seem to be performing attachment-handling actions
as it should, or if certain options are grayed out (not selectable) when
they shouldn't be, and you can't resolve the issue, it could be due to a
corrupted "mimeTypes.rdf" file. Thunderbird uses this file to store your
file-handling preferences for specified file types. Deleting it
sometimes cures the problem. To do so:

1. Exit Thunderbird if it is running.
2. Recommended: make a temporary backup of your Thunderbird profile (or
at least of the mimeTypes.rdf file).
3. Delete mimeTypes.rdf from your Thunderbird profile folder.
4. Restart Thunderbird to see if the problem has been fixed.

Also just found this online for Thunderbird not opening URLs in
Firefox.. may help..

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/15898.html

I had this problem and to be honest I have no clue how it was resolved..
possibly a bad install or update.. has it ever worked properly?

Kind regards,

Julian