Re: [LUG] GnuCash 2.2.7 Deb

Philip Radford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know where I can source a deb installer for the latest build of
> GnuCash - 2.2.7.
>
> The official web site only seems to supply source and the compiled debs
> are out of date.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Phil.
Hi Phil,

If you are comfortable with compiling from source but want the
manageability and ease of integration of using packages, you could try
"checkinstall" - essentially rather than running "make install" at the
end of your compile-from-source routine, you run checkinstall instead.
AFAIK it creates a fake install environment, installs the files into it
and then takes them and creates a package from them.  It's really quite
handy.