[LUG] Buying computers, open source ready

Came across the following blog (from fsdaily news)
http://www.sorbaioli.org/blog/iniziative/dell_gnu-linux.html in which he suggests if
any one is after a new computer they ask Dell for a computer that has the following
specs

I quote

1. an Atheros wireless chip because it uses free (as in freedom) drivers and so it
can      function perfectly in every GNU/Linux distribution
2. the coreboot free BIOS.
3. a fully free GNU/Linux distribution preinstalled like gNewSense

End quote

Now I would prefer Debian but I thought that Sorbaioli had a good idea: the more
people ask for "opensource" hardware, the more likely it is that Dell (eventually)
will supply it

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding. Electronic documents