[LUG] 64 Bit for new laptop.

After finally getting ubuntu hardy to install I am thinking of trying a 64
bit version on my athlon amd64.
Is it just a case of downloading the correct iso ?

I read flash doesn't come in a 64 bit version. Is that still the case or
could gnash be installed instead ?

I'm worried about other gotcha's as well.
For instance, can 32 bit drivers or programs be installed on a 64 bit linux
os (as in windows) if 64 bit versions are unavailable, or must it always be
64 ?
Seperately, wireless isn't working but I am looking at a hacked driver for
my current install and opengl flickers with x1250 radeon and fglrx,although
again there are workarounds.
In the meantime I have moved my router into the living room so I can plug in
a network cable directly to get internet access from linux.
Ray