[LUG] etch to lenny upgrade

Hi

I have just run

apt-get  update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade on my etch system, (well last night I am now
running lenny or am according to the login screen)

however right at the end of the  dist-upgrade bit,  it seems to hit an error

  yelp ytalk zenity zipper.app zlib1g zlib1g-dev
1285 upgraded, 347 newly installed, 95 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 786kB/1463MB of archives.
After unpacking 759MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Get:1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org lenny/main dselect 1.14.22 [786kB]
Fetched 786kB in 13s (59.3kB/s)
Failed to fetch
http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/dselect_1.14.22_i386.deb
MD5Sum mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?
root@duron1600:/home/psutton#

clearly this implies that dselect_1.14.22.i386.deb is causing the
problem,  any one got an idea on how to fix  I have run apt-get update
but that does not fix it.

I think once all these packages are downloaded it then runs an install
script to install all the newly downloaded packages so while i am partly
running etch,  it needs to install all the stuff its downloaded.

can anyone help or suggest something please.

for the record my sources.list now contains,  even though I have a back
up of the old one.

# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.

deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ lenny main non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ lenny main non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

Thanks