Re: [LUG] Finance management software?

2008/10/12 Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I use an old version of QuickBooks Pro (2004). This keeps record and
> importantly VAT  for three businesses, my own company (set up on
> retirement to combat underfunded company pension problem), & two
> charities  where I act as treasurer.
> QuickBooks allows unlimited 'companies' to be set up  which is a
> major advantage over Sage. You can run copies as  a sandbox to make
> sure you enter correctly when learning.

I downloaded the free demo of mybooks for linux
(http://www.appgen.com/aptus/my_books_professional_linux2.htm)
because apparently it can read quickbooks files, but never got around
to installing it.

In the end I've ended up using an old laptop with XP on it for
quickbooks until I can work out how to run it under wine (probably
very easy, I just can't find the disks, and the downloader if you the
downloadable version doesn't run under wine).

Quickbooks simplestart is pretty simple, no VAT, no double entry, even
I can use it if you have the disks, then you should be able to install
using Wine or crossover.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk