Re: [LUG] SFD 2008 post event analysis

tom wrote:

> A big thank you to all those that attended / helped out at the SFD2008
> event. Special thanks to Paul and to Rob.
>
> Attendance was low. However three young gentlemen from Torbay Boys
> Grammar School and two technicians from local schools did manage to
> attend, we also managed to pick up a passer by who was interested.
>
> The link to the Cameroon via video camera was successful, if a little
> brief. Unfortunately the video feed link from the Cameroon to us  was
> only noticed near the end of the session when we needed to pack things up.
>
> For the most part the technology worked although it would have been nice
> to have had a higher spec LTSP server, it functioned for the most part
> adequately.
>
> Many thanks to the two schools technicians it was interesting to hear
> what they had to say. It does really seem that there needs to be a lot
> of work done in order to get school curriculum specific software in
> order and workable in the GNU/Linux environment. The sticking point as I
> see it seems to be Teacher participation or the lack there of.
>
> Thanks also to Chris ? for the donation.
>

> Tom.
Agreed, and I also send thanks to everyone to helped, dropped in, to
chat etc, if anything new contacts were forged, which is always a good
thing, a chance to chat, problems shared and solved, etc

Lets all keep the momentum up, I think there are more people out there
that have used / heard of Linux and or OSS than we realise

Paul