Re: [LUG] Ubuntu and bottom panel, WIFI Networks

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 07:01 +0100, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> We're using Ubuntu 8.04 to run the network at the local youth group.
> We've got them all running nicely apart from the fact that the bottom
> panel has disappeared. Does anyone know why and if so how to fix it.
> On one computer we have partially fixed it by re-installing the
> packages that run the panel but we still seem to be missing one or
> two.
I remember in fedora when a similar thing happened I looked at
the .xsession-error file found some errors and fixed by just renaming
the .Xauthority file to Xauthoritybroke and on login a new one is made
curing all ills!

> Also, how secure is an encrypted wifi network please? We were talking
> through whether it is possible to crack a secure network. I have
> several businesses running wifi thinking they are safe and I am not
> sure they are. Can data be grabbed please? Is it possible for me to
> demonstrate and if so what programmes do I use and would I have to run
> them on a Linux box or could I run them on a Mac please?
> --
> Kind regards
> Rich
> http://www.cregy.co.uk
> Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.
> Romans 12 v 1

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved
Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
01579363386