[LUG] Audible downloads

I have just tried to download the free Tess of the D'Urbavilles audiobook from audible.co.uk, as advertised in the Radio Times.

There is no option for Linux on the download pages.

I have received the following reply from audible.co.uk in response to my questioning this.

Audible are obviously a commercial organisation, but their main product appears to be downloads of BBC audiobooks. Does anyone know what their relationship to the BBC is? Are the BBC in breach of charter by not ensuring that their audiobooks are available to all users? Any other ways of applying pressure?

Phil
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Philip,

Thank you for contacting Audible UK.

At our launch it was decided that Audible UK would not support Linux. As far as I'm aware there are not any plans to support this operating system however I've passed your email onto the development team for their consideration.

Regards,

Aaron Wassell
Audible Customer Support
 Customer (Philip Whateley) 14/09/2008 10.41 AM
Can you please advise how I can download the free Tess of the
D'Urbavilles audiobook.

There do not appear to be any options for my configuration.

I am using Ubuntu Linux 8.04

Many thanks

Dr Philip Whateley