Re: [LUG] Data centre in Cornwall

Kai Hendry wrote:
> Do you know the people who have tried and failed? I would like to
> perhaps talk to them...

Most of them worked for companies that are bust already ;)

The cable I was thinking of is AC-2 (Yellow)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC-2_(cable_system)

I'm fairly sure one lot of roadworks I use to drive around when going to
 London was for this cable.

Seems you are right, Level3 at the US end, and Global Crossing at the UK
end, or some other complex ownership arrangement, but hey would you want
to pay for a whole transatlantic cable yourself?

But there are lots of cables under the A30 ;)

Looks like you need quotes from BT, Level3, Cable and Wireless, Virgin
Media and Global Crossing, if the Highways Agency briefing on improving
the Merrymeet roundabout was accurate.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/6254.aspx