Re: [LUG] OpenSuse

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 18:21, David Bell wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2008 16:37:50 Tom Potts wrote:
> > Wondering if there were any OpenSuse users out there ...
>
> I installed v11.0 (KDE)  and found it to be an excellent desktop distro.
>
> > .............. and any Novell/MS  flack relating to it?
>
> Flak from whom?
Novell and MS have some patent protection agreement which is not looked kindly
on in some OS circles.
I was a .NET programmer in a former life and quite like Mono - the Open Source
version of it. There is however a lot of noise about MS patented technology
being inside Mono and SUSE and (maybe) into OpenSuse.
I will set up one of my machines for OpenSuse11 and Mono so I can keep my
programming skills up to date but I'm not sure whether to write shed loads of
GPL .NET code
Tom te tom te tom