Re: [LUG] USB barcode reader in X

kevin wrote:
> Has any one experience of USB barcode readers and getting the input in a
> form box?
> I have found a very good project on Sourgeforce called Openbravo POS
> written in java it does all I need for Point of sale including MySql
> backend,  apart from the input for barcode scanner.
> it has the usual com1... etc and ttys0
> but i need ttyUSB0 for my setup.

If all else failed delete /dev/ttyS0 an create a link to ttUSB0

Or just recreate the device file with the appropriate major and minor
numbers - these days you may have to do this to some evil layer that
recreates these at boot time.

Can't you just hack the Java to have the right devices in the list.

No idea where xorg.conf would fit here.