Re: [LUG] Linux Workshops, Public Liability Insurance and Pat Testing

> As a group we have a fairly layed back policy on membership fees. I am
> not suggesting for one minute that we change things. However perhaps it
> would be helpful if we had (as DCGLUG) some sort of Public Liability
> Insurance and access (preferably @ reasonable cost) to a certified PAT
> tester. Sadly these things cost money and may well (if all are in
> agreement) need some sort of formal funding arrangement.
>
> One thing is for sure, I have dipped into my own personal funds to buy
> bits and pieces necessary to put this resource together, and it would be
> a shame to see it go unused in the future .....

I agree with Tom here, gone are the days when we can simply arrange an
install day (or other event) and not have to worry about such things,
ok we can produce disclaimers, regarding for example data loss (ie its
YOUR responsibility to back up first),  but we need to cover our backs
in case someone gets eletricuted, or whatever.

Lets see how much PLI costs.

I would assume if we start raising money for the lug, we could end up
with some sort of tax situation or what status are we situation which
would make us exempt from tax,  I am not an accountant,  but these
issues would kick in at some point.

Paul