Re: [LUG] does my mail arrive?

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Aside from being an option on the list software, it may also be Google mail!
>
> Googlemail uses the uniq ID on every email you send as a key, and if you
> receive one already in your sent folder it doesn't bother you with it
> again, since it assumes you know what you have written. Took me ages to
> figure this out first time I saw it.

"since it assumes you know what you have written" thats a big assumption!

I really wish i could disable this feature. At work i tend to use
google mails interface (for my home mail) and later when i synchronize
into thunderbird my threading is destroyed and if some one replies to
me i can't remember for the life of me what it was (if they have not
kept the context) so i have to dig in my inbox, *sigh*, to see what i
sent.

Robin