Re: [LUG] OT Free-sat

alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> anyone looked at zattoo,it streams free channels to your pc,the 5 main
> ones +others,only used on xp machine so far[sorry for swearing],and will
> try on mepis 7 this weekend to see if compatible.
> alex the noob

I've had a look at the web site but not actually tried it, but still
it's good that they do offer a Linux client, although I suppose it's
probably proprietary? (this is a guess, if I'm wrong then please do
correct me :-)

What's the quality like on XP?  I tried using that download script to
download videos from the iPlayer onto my Linux box (when the official
BBC iPlayer program didn't work on Windows XP!) and the quality was
reasonable for a portable device but looked awful when scaled up to
1280x768.

Rob