Re: [LUG] Lostwithiel

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Finally we are on the move! Yesterday I agreed that we can move on the
> network project and start setting things up. Tonight both the builder
> and electrician visited. Within 3 weeks we will have a network ready
> to be built, plug points in place etc... So what Saturday or Sunday
> can we plot a Lostwithiel rematch for please? Any nos or any
> favourites please?
>
> The rematch being two fold, set up a server for those who want to
> watch along with restricting access to certain internet sites and
> additionally set up stations for the young people to use. If time is
> available we will also set up a network version of doom.
>
> The programme as I see it, is start at 11am with server install and
> also one station install.
> Test run and ensure nobody can access porn or gambling etc
>
> Lunch at 1pm
>
> Doom set up for 2pm with a game at 3pm
>
> Any thoughts.
>
> Thanks.

Sounds good,  I have updated some posters I did for  ubuntu to promote
the latest version of both ubuntu and another for edubuntu,  these are
on my website under downloads  www.zleap.net

please feel free to download, print off and stick up, after the release
date of 8.04,  it may be an idea to have a few 8.04 cd's to hand for
people to pick up.  if anyone else has some OSS related posters, then
now is the time to dig these out,  we may as well try and decorate the
walls with posters,  as much as we can,  as it makes the room look
nicer,  posters can always be rotated.

I would suggest we wait till all the electrics / network ports are set
up before we arrange another meeting,  I assume the lug is helping
putting the computers in place in which case all we then need to do is
arrive and help set up,   otherwise if we arrange a date now,  and there
is a delay,  we will arrive with nothing to do,  or will have to cancel
at the last minute,  which can get irritating, if people alter plans to
suit,

One station install this seems to imply that we have 1 server and 1 work
station,  i take it after the test we are installing additional work
stations. (how many)

I am free at weekends after May 1st,    by which time it will be
cricket, season,    but thats like 3 weeks for the above to be
installed,  then allow 2 week period to announce the meeting so we all
have plenty of notice,  so it may look like the 2nd / 3rd week in may
when we do this.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug