Re: [LUG] Unique system identifiers?

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:46:09PM +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:
<snip>

> Which brings me to another question... why does GNU/Linux seem to give
> different ethX devices?  The machine I'm sitting at right now (a Dell
> Optiplex GX620) produces the following:
<snip>
> What happened to eth0?

I have a machine where eth0 is ethernet over firewire or some such
weirdness that I'll never use. ifconfig -a may show it up, and it may also
be mentioned during boot, when modules are being loaded.

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0