Re: [LUG] Fwd: CRN 813727 - MAC compatibility

> I'd rather be discriminated against than taught by these people thank you very
> much!
> What courses were you interested in - perhaps we can collate enough FLOSS
> stuff to put them out of business in that line?
> Tom te tom te tom

Ok

As I don't have access to MS office, due to using Linux,  I was looking
at their online course in this,  so I could get a basic grounding, in MS
word so I can at least show an employer for example I can use that
software,  they can tick a few boxes on an applicant list,  and I can
hopefully get a better job.

Having openoffice.org on my cv is great,  only unless the recruiter
knows about it,  the box that says Knowledge of word processing simply
won't get ticked.

Ideal solution would be Ingots assessment,  locally in Tor bay,
somewhere to then take the exams,  etc

We live in a must have a qualification society,  so I need something,

I wonder what learn directs user base is, and what that 3 percent
represents,   they have perhaps lost 220 + clients, if everyone on the
lug looks elsewhere,  So long as they can use the argument MS is
industry standard, therefore nothing else exists, or is significant, we
will face this problem.  Despite ISO approval,  and openoffice being
used world wide,

We need an alternative,  Rob beard is making great strides over in
exwick,  and Richard Brown is making progress too,  lets hope both
centres can offer something.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug