Re: [LUG] OT: Telly signal quality

On Friday 14 March 2008 07:36, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:36:54 +0000
> David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
> > superb quality picture - rarely watched due to the brain-dead
> > programme content most of the time :(
>
> That's the problem;  With more channels, but the same number of
> advertisers to pay for it all, the jam gets spread thinner.   :-(
Its worse than that - the creative talent gets spread thinner but the creative
output is a cube of the thickness so twice as many channels means 1/8th the
overall creativity.
I made a comment yesterday about the quality of the picture revealing the
flaws in the program. I watched a bit of snowy analogue telly and found it
more captivating ( I use the word loosly) than the same program in digital.
Something about cake and eat it springs to mine.

As for Simons comment on recording the stuff he really wants to watch - sounds
like a good idea but he must spend his life pouring through the listings and
watching rubbish to find out about it  or is there something somewhere that
gives only listings of programs for people with an IQ of 50 or more to cut it
down to 10 shows a week if your lucky?
Tom te tom te tom