Re: [LUG] Home repositories

Julian Hall wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Not sure if I could afford it at the moment, money is a bit tight after
>> buying yet another upgrade (Phenom 9600 - well the chip was free, I just
>> had to pay for the motherboard).
>>
>> Still someone else in the LUG may be interested.
> Nice chip.  Ebyer are selling an Acer desktop system with the 9500 for
> approx £300.  What do you think of the Phenom's performance?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Not sure yet, it's still with UPS until I collect it tomorrow.  I'll
post back at the weekend.

How I see it, it's probably quicker than my Pentium Dual Core 1.8GHz
(overclocked to 2.4GHz) and a darn sight quicker than the Pentium 4
1.8GHz I was using around Christmas time.

I've heard things about the performance not being as quick as a Core 2
Quad (which is what I was planning to upgrade to sometime in the next 2
years or so) but AMD offered me the chip for free if I bought a
motherboard (which turned out to be about 60 quid including postage and
packing from Germany).  Seems to be some sort of AMD reseller offer at
www.amd-businesscenter.com.  Not sure if you have to be a reseller or
not (I signed up a couple of years back and in the past I've just had
sales material and stickers come through).

Rob