[LUG] OOo Impress with Compiz = :(

Hi all,

I have recently discovered kdissert - a 'mindmapping' style tool that
allows you to export your 'map' to OOo Impress files.  Once exported
they need a little tweaking, but it's fantastic for me!

Anyway, on to the point.  On my laptop and desktop I have Compiz
running for no other reason than it looks good and I like shiny
things. :)  However, I have found that it seems to make OOo Impress
presentations unbearably slow and 'clunky'.  When I put the files onto
my Ubuntuised USB harddrive (which I take to College to use) - which
doesn't have Compiz running - the presentations run really nice and
smoothly.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?  If you have, did you
find anyway around it?

Cheers.
Grant.