Re: [LUG] ms office, openoffice and vista

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 19:58:41 +0000
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just wondered if MS office and Openoffice can co-exist on te same
> system running vista,   having openoffice on the system, will make my
> life easier as I use that at home and have club related files in that
> format.
>
> If they can co-exist then it will make life much easier.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

I have virtually zero experience with Vista, but I can say that
MSOffice 2003 and OpenOffice.org will sit happily together on XP.  Just
be aware of the whole "default application" malarky... if it is only
you that wants to use OpenOffice.org out of everyone using that 'puter,
and if you'd get your head chewed off for it being "different", then
make sure you get Windows to open things in MS by default.

Grant.