Re: [LUG] Asus eeePC

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:10:20AM +0000, John Hansen wrote:
> Simon Robert wrote:
>
> I am still unclear about how to file documents to my 4 gig SD card or 1
> gig USB drive. Is there an easy way like in Windows XP where when I
> "save as" get the option to save to an external drive?

I presume that it is already mounted, if so check to see where it is mounted and
file files in that directory

If it has not been mounted

mount the USB drive as a subdirectory of /home

eg

    mount /dev/sda1 /home/????

    Taking the command in sections

        Mount       see man mount. On mine the command is mount -t vfat

        /dev/sda1   This is where the computer thinks your usb drive is. To find out
plug the usb drive in and look in /var/log/syslog

        /home/????  This is the directory where you can access the usb drive. You
need to create it first

And then when you finish unmount /home/????

Or am I missing something

--
Henry
Mon Feb 25 12:50:39 GMT 2008