Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Re: Contact Us Website Help]

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 04:34:57PM +0000, John Hansen wrote:
> Tony Sumner wrote:
> > My financial advisor suggested I join a project run by The Bigger
> > Picture which means I can go to www.thebigger-picture.co.uk and manage
> > my investments online. When I try to log in I get "Unsupported system
> > configuration" and it says I must have Windows 98, NT4, ME, 2000 or XP
> > and the browser must be either IE5 or above or Netscape 6.2 or above.
> >
> Tony,
>
> You might care to look at the websites of ADVFN and above all Alliance
> Trust. All our investments with a couple of exceptions are with Alliance
> Trust Savings Ltd (ATS)be they PEPs, ISAs or investment plans. Very
> cheap and efficiently managed. We only invest in Investment Trusts but
> ATS offer all public companies and many others.

For SIMPLE portfolio management have a look at Beancounter (its a debian package).
Home page is
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/beancounter.html

From what I have seen so far as long as the currency or stock or bond is quoted on
yahoo it will pull down the daily price and show all sorts of performance returns

No trading: just simple returns

--
Henry
Fri Feb 22 06:30:34 GMT 2008