Re: [LUG] Simple server side mail filtering: Part Deux

Grant Sewell wrote:

> Am I on the right track here?

Yes Sieve is a standard for doing this sort of thing, dovecot uses the
Cyrus Sieve code.

Having Dovecot do local delivery as well POP/IMAP service makes a great
deal of sense. The MTA doesn't really want to know all this local
delivery junk, and having local storage and retrieval managed by the
same set of programs seems very elegant to me.

Can't say I've used dovecot sieve, but I have used Dovecot for LDA, and
I looked at various sieve implementation, although my goal was to make
it work with virtual users, under Squirrelmail, and provide a web
interface for server side rules, which defeated me in the time I have to
do it.